Monday, March 4, 2013

THE NIGHT BEFORE

'twas the night before a trip out of town. And how did THAT happen - so quickly? I swear it was months ago I booked this trip. And now, boom! It's here. I'm busy trying to catch up on the day, prepare for the trip, print maps, get tickets squared away, shower, straighten my hair, pack, and golly! 

I'd much rather just go tuck into bed. But that's not the right thing to do. Darn it.

Spent time today whipping up a meal of yummyness. I had ingredients and if I didn't use them tonight, they wouldn't be used. And I'd come home to the fridge and be sad they weren't.

Artichokes are a LOT of work for a little return - but they are a fun occasional treat. The curry dip is worth the effort. Probably not really what I needed "the night before".

This trip is a much needed "away" time for my daughter Emily - the college senior. Her Spring Break. Time to spend together - challenging the notions of Nursing School for the future, exploring a new city. Stepping out of the comfort zone and exploring along the way.

Time to get cracking. And get my butt in bed.




Artichokes Steaming away ... curry dip awaits

A little healthy appetizer .... blackberries, hummus, cukes,  genoa salami

Roasted cauliflower and garlic coup - onion, carrots, celery, thyme, free range chicken broth and coconut "half & half". AMAZING flavor, healthy and happy. Grilled flank steak skewers for a little iron and protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment