Monday, March 18, 2013

DIFFERENT BUT SIMILAR

Today brought about a culinary odyssey. Craving pizza and wondering what to do about that. When in Rome, don't be eating Paleo, mostly. LOL.

However, at Real Foods I managed to read my way through options to consider - Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix. Several options. Picked one. Dairy free "cheeze" was another story. Soy? Globs? Some made from oatmeal? Did Goat Cheese Mozzarella count as dairy free? I could have Googled it from the smart phone, but decided to grab a Daiya "Mozzarella Style Shreds" and give it a whirl.  Their ad states you can get it to bubble atop a pizza; I wouldn't go that far, but it stood its ground.

With enough spices (garlic, onion, fresh ground pepper, fresh basil leaves) and sauteed mushrooms, this worked just fine.


My first attempt at a Gluten Free- Dairy Free Creation Formerly Known As Pizza
POST SCRIPT: March 21 

Forget what I said. I lied. "Worked just fine" is nowhere near "great".  I just discovered BOLD ORGANICS Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pizza.  I am no longer in Italian Culinary Cuisine Deficit and I will never again need to attempt a home-made GF/DF pizza. Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment